August 31, 2005

Warped Tour - Review

by Tina Whelski

Vans Warped Tour combed Randall’s Island August 13 with My Chemical Romance stealing the scorching day’s spotlight. The performance of Gerard Way (vocals), Mikey Way (bass), Ray Toro (guitar), and Bob Bryar (drums) on Saturday showed why the band’s comic book-colored emo/rock has been catapulting them to well-earned superhero status. Preparing for their first headlining tour in September the band played “I’m Not Okay (I Promise),” “Helena,” and “Give ‘Em Hell, Kid” among others from Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. The band’s New Jersey brethren, Senses Fail, also offered a powered performance with singer Buddy Nielsen delivering his usual consuming rock-wrenched melodies. Other highlights from the sold-out lineup included Hawthorne Heights, Funeral For A Friend, Transplants, The Offspring, Dropkick Murphys, Atreyu, Fall Out Boy and My American Heart.

Originally published in The Aquarian Weekly 8/31/05.
My Chemical Romance photo by Tina Whelski.


My Chemical Romance video for "I'm Not Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment